Resource Development Manager
Location – Fareham
Job Type – Full Time / Permanent
Pay – Negotiable
Red Chilli Recruitment are looking for an experienced Resource Development Manager to work for our well-established client.
Roles / Responsibilities –
- Developing new projects and business to support UK and NW Europe Group activities
- Manage all existing resources
- Manage all the licences and the renewal of them
- Organise and manage monitoring surveys
- Organise and manage supporting studies and external consultants with both time and budgetary constraints
- Liaise with Crown Estate, Government regulators and other agencies
- Attend and support the group meetings and trade association
- Support and develop new outlets, external clients, develop access agreements and other business contacts
- Provide geotechnical advice and support for other key activities
- Continue to manage the Geographical Information System (GIS) and ensure the data remains current.
- Develop, define and manage annual budget
- Manage both acquisition and execution of projects
- Develop and maintain good working relationships, both internally with key stakeholders within the business and externally with the Business (e.g. Clients, Partners and Suppliers)
- Contribute to the preparation of the Company’s Management Planning System and Management Control System.
- To ensure that tenders are prepared, new contracts are acquired and projects are executed in accordance with applicable the companies policies and procedures, as laid down in the Home Market Management System
- To ensure that an adequate risk analysis is prepared and evaluated during tender preparation and project execution.
Skills / Experience -
- Geoscience or other relevant degree as a minimum
- Previous experience in the marine sector would be advantageous
- Knowledge of computer applications (Windows, MS Office)
- Knowledge of GIS would be helpful
- Knowledge of acoustic surveying techniques
- Knowledge of hydrographic surveying systems and an understanding of IHO “Standards of Competence for Hydrographic Surveyors, level A”, in so far as relevant for the dredging industry
- Basic knowledge of Sub-Bottom Profiler, Side Scan Sonar, Magnetometer, etc. (ability to perform the measurements is not required, but enough knowledge should be present for outsourcing and monitoring)
- Basic knowledge of underwater positioning
- Knowledge of statistics and errors analysis
- Knowledge and experience of various dredging equipment
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Well-developed managing experience
- Advanced negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to prepare and review proposal documentation to a high standard.
- Advanced brand awareness
- Preparation of tendering and budgets
- Risk analysis skills
- Sound knowledge of workings of the business sector and management reporting
- Demonstrable track record in networking and building successful relationships with clients
- Some knowledge of commercial economic analysis
- Work both independently and as a team player
- An extensive tailor-made benefit scheme to suit you (life insurance, gym membership, pension scheme, travel allowance and lots more)!