Location – Christchurch, Dorset
Hours - Monday to Thursday 08:00 - 17:00 / Friday 08:00 - 12:00
Job Type – Full time
Salary – £26-£27k per annum
Red Chilli Recruitment are looking for an experienced Production Controller to work on behalf of our well established client. Responsibility for capacity planning, scheduling and work flow in the area of production and sub-contract processes. Directive to streamline processes and improve efficiency, through implementation of a structured control and monitoring system.
Roles / Responsibilities-
- Construct and maintain capacity planner for all internal production (machine shop and engineers labour) and external sub-contract processes.
- Raising RFQs and sourcing of raw materials to be purchased by General Administrator.
- Scheduling of work load to the machine shop, shop floor assembly teams and polishing shop based upon job travellers generated from the Sales Order Bill of Materials.
- Team leader responsibilities for machine shop staff covering; employment of staff, interviews, CVs, disciplinary meetings, monitoring staff behaviour, quality of work, sickness, absences, authorising holidays.
- Set working rates and performance targets then monitor and evaluate these for the shop floor operations.
- Become primary point of contact for the machine shop. All matters should pass through yourself in the first instance.
- Work closely with Sales, Project Management and Purchasing to meet agreed delivery dates and advise on available capacity to take on new orders.
- Ensure machine shop is a clean working environment at all times and take responsibility for its overall housekeeping, including cleanliness, health & safety, tooling, machine upkeep including machine coolant testing, layout and efficiency issues.
- Identify and implement where agreed with the Directors, improvements in manufacturing methods and/or practice.
- Work closely with Project Managers to look at demand on the machine shop and to be involved in the “Make or Buy” decision, before items are handed over to Purchasing.
- Ensuring that delivery targets are achieved on time and in full.
- Active monitoring and control of on-going costs.
- Attending production meetings, in conjunction with other departments, to monitor continued progress of all open projects aligned to their target output dates.
Skills / Experience -
- Good track record of managing planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong IT skills - Good experience of working with MRP Systems (Epicor preferable)
- Self motivated, able to focus on tasks in hand and work without direct supervision.
- Must maintain a clean working environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Good numerical skills essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to multi task. Possess own transport.
- Willingness to travel if, and as, the job requires.