Red Chilli Recruitment are seeking GRP experienced Laminators to work for our Poole based client, a very well respected and successful manufacturer of military work boats, architectural structures, high end leisure craft and rescue submarines.
Duties will include:
- Preparing moulds ready for gel.
- Read and understand lay-up specifications.
- Application of gel coat.
- Perform a range of laminating processes which may include: wet-lay, infusion, vac-bagging, pre-preg or RTM.
- Use of hand tools.
- Identify laminating defects.
- Use of core materials and generic bonding pastes.
- Release of simple moulds.
- Use and control of patterns and jigs.
- Use of a wide range of fabrics, CSM and cloths in dry and pre-preg formats.
- A thorough understanding of GRP laminating and associated processes including those mentioned above which may include trimming and grinding.
- Understanding of quality processes
- 2+ years’ experience gained within the Marine, Aerospace, Automotive or other quality driven industry is preferable
This is a long term permanent contract
Salary range: £12 to £13.50 per hour – 1.5 x rate over 40 hours. Plenty available
Hours: Full time, Days