Red Chilli Recruitment have an exciting new role for a graduate with a civil engineering degree (or similar) who is a looking for a unique opportunity to train as a Cost Estimator
Our client is looking for a Cost Estimator to join their small, dynamic Estimating team.
You will be responsible for developing innovative and sustainable working methods to deliver a wide range of marine projects, including the maintenance and capital dredging of ports and harbours, coastal protection works and land reclamation.
Working within their team you will be involved in understanding vessel productions, cost calculations and the preparation of the tender submission documents.
Full training will be given, with opportunities to study for ICE qualifications as well as internal and external courses specific to our clients industry.
Whilst the role is predominately office based, travel to meet clients and visit projects is expected, with potential opportunities for overseas travel.
Whilst previous marine experience would be beneficial, it is not a requirement.
• Analysis of client tender documentation.
• Working with the wider organisation, ensuring all the elements required to complete a tender are correctly managed and understood.
• Development of cost estimates and written quality elements, including work methods.
• Completion of tender documentation.
• Following up submitted tenders with clients and involvement with any post tender queries / negotiations.
• Supporting the project team once the works have been awarded and are underway
Required knowledge & experience
A good degree, ideally in Civil Engineering or with a marine basis is required.
They are looking for an enterprising future colleague who is comfortable working with numbers and able to develop technical documents clearly and concisely.
Working within a team, at times to challenging deadlines is essential, as is the ability to communicate clearly with clients and senior management.
In return you will be offered an excellent basic salary in the region of £26k and a personalised benefits package
Company car allowance
Further learning and external qualification