Location – Gosport
Job type – Full time / Permanent
Salary – Negotiable
Red Chilli Recruitment are looking for an experienced composite technician for our well established client based in Gosport. This company specialise in the manufacture of composite components for the marine and renewable energy sectors, so the work can be exciting and varied.
Additional training available if needed.
Roles / Responsibilities -
- Lay-up up of structural, non structural and moulded panels.
- Preparation and daily maintenance of tooling and associated equipment.
- Ability to use various pneumatic tools (i.e. sanders, drills, routers).
- Ability to produce composite components to required quality standards, drawing specifications and procedural guidelines as part of a team.
- Record keeping of all traceable materials used in the manufacture of composite components and quality control on completed parts, if required.
- Operate plant equipment to procedure and health and safety guidelines and given experience / qualifications carry out any basic maintenance.
- Document method statements, assist with the company's quality assurance policies, HSE policies etc, if required.
- Maintain all health and safety disciplines in the composite area.
- General maintenance of workshop equipment and environment.
- Record keeping of all traceable materials used in the manufacture of composite components and quality control on completed parts.
Skills / Experience –
- Comprehension and understanding of technical engineering drawings.
- Keen desire to learn and excellent attention to detail, highly motivated and driven to meet goals and deadlines.
- Flexibility in a team oriented environment.
- Understanding of basic engineering drawings and procedures.
- Vacuum bagging techniques.
- Open to change and willing to adopt new skills to support all areas of the business.
- Prepared to undertake all reasonable requests as determined by the business needs.